Guidance To Use Buses
The below sections are guides, notes and information for using our buses.
For your comfortable rides, we appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Notes on Riding the Bus
- The fare is calculated by section distance in kilometer, to be paid when getting off. (For express buses requiring reservations, purchase the ticket prior to boarding.) The change machine beside the driver’s seat is available for 1,000-yen bills and coins. Please note, however, that larger denomination bills (2,000 yen, 5,000 yen and 10,000 yen) are not accepted.
- The numbered ticket machine is located at the bus entrance. Take one ticket per person. The numbered ticket is proof of your place of boarding. So, please make sure to take one.
- When you have stepped inside the bus, please proceed into the bus not to obstruct the entrance area.
- You are requested to take a seat while the bus is in motion to prevent a tumble or other accidents in the bus. Please pay special attention when the bus is starting or stopping. When traveling in an express bus, make sure to fasten your seatbelt for your safety. (When taking a regular bus and if you cannot find a vacant seat, please hold a handrail or a grab handle.) Moving inside a bus in motion is very dangerous. Please change money or move to another seat when the bus stops.
- When the stop at which you want to get off is announced, press the stop button located nearest to you to notify the driver. Make sure, however, not to stand up until the bus comes to a complete halt, to prevent a tumble or other accidents in the bus.
- To know how much you should pay for the fare, refer to the fare table posted behind the driver (the price can be found in the box at which the bus stops you get on and off meet), or ask the driver.
- Please pay the fare by putting the money with your numbered ticket into the fare box beside the driver when getting off. (Coupons may be put into the fare box.)
- Commuter pass holders should put your numbered ticket into the fare box and show clearly your commuter pass to the driver before getting off.
- Smoking is not permitted in the bus. Please refrain from smoking.
- Please set your mobile phone to silent mode and refrain from talking on the phone.
Baggage allowed to be brought into public buses and express buses is defined in the terms and conditions of the company. Please note in advance, however, that we reserve the right to reject the below baggage to be either carried onto the bus or checked in the trunk.
- We refuse hazardous materials, items with a risk of obstructing the aisle, the exit or the emergency exit, items with a risk of disturbing other passengers, or items with a risk of damaging significantly the cabin or the trunk, to be carried onto the bus.
- For your safety, please do not place heavy items or items in unstable shapes inside the bus, on the overhead racks, or in the net pockets.
- Large-size baggage (items exceeding the gross weight of 10kg, the total volume of 0.027m3, and the length of 1m)
(e.g.) folding bicycle, surfboard, snow board, skis, large-sized suitcase, archery bow, fishing rod, etc.
*The trunk of some of the express bus vehicles has limited capacity and we may refuse to accept your baggage in the trunk.
- Pets are not allowed in the bus because some passengers may be allergic to them. The trunk is under harsh conditions without air conditioning and pets would need to be checked in with other passengers’ baggage; so we refuse to check in your pet.
- Fragile items (PC, digital camera, etc.) and baggage that should not be crushed (precious metals, etc.) should not be loaded in the trunk. We will not be liable for damage, loss or theft.
- Items that may damage the vehicle. Please refrain from placing your carry-on items on a vacant seat in the bus. Such seats may be occupied by other passengers boarding at other bus stops on the way. In addition, in case of an unforced emergency stop, such items may fly out of the seat, causing a very dangerous situation. Please place the items under the seat in front of you or on the overhead rack.
Traveling with Your Pet
- No animals are allowed on board, except for service dogs (guide dogs).
- Please contact us in advance when you wish to be on board with a service dog (guide dog).
Inquiry on Lost Items
- When you believe you have left something in the bus, please contact the operator of the bus you have taken. Some lines are operated by multiple bus companies/offices. Please note in advance that, in case that the bus is still in operation, it may take extra time for verification.
- Prior to boarding, please be reminded that buses may be delayed significantly depending on weather conditions or traffic.
- Please note that we will not be responsible or liable for any damage or others arising from, but not limited to, such delays.
- Upon the implementation of the Health Promotion Act, smoking in public places is now prohibited. We appreciate your cooperation at bus stops or in the bus terminals. In addition, please refrain from throwing away cigarette butts or litter around the bus stand.
Fare of General Public Buses
|Junior High School Students or above (over 12 years old)
|Elementary School Student (6-12 years old)
|Half of Adult Fare (Fraction of less than 10 yen to be rounded up to the nearest 10)
|Preschool Child (1-6 years old)
|Up to one accompanying infant per adult or child is free of charge. From the second infant, the child fare is charged.
|Under 1 year old
|Free of Charge